Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area for SAP Basis, by implementing continuous improvement to ensure systems availability in a high-demand 24/7 business environment, support the entire software application life-cycle through logging and responding to incident tickets, providing resolutions, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of SAP Basis objectives.
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Facilitate the definition of SLAs with key stakeholders and manage the compliance of the agreed SLAs.
- Define and make recommendations on the new and existing systems landscape taking into account future needs and technical advancement.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Implement defined strategy and delivery plans to ensure the achievement of operational targets.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on initiatives & use to realign plan and objectives appropriately.
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders.
- Oversees the implementation of the agreed landscape with a correct system versions.
- Planning and select programme of projects and related activities to achieve a set of business objectives, manage the programme within a controlled environment such that it maximises the associated business benefits.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Ensure proper testing has been completed and proper documentation exists to support new/modified applications in production and address any documentation gaps.
- Make recommendations on the correct software versions which will feed onto the project scope and plan.
- Ensure the development and implementation of specific area of practice is in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure achievement of performance objectives.
- Define and ensure compliance to the quality standards.
- Applicable degree or equivalent NQF 7: Information Tech, Computer Science, B-Com, Finance, Management and Engineering: AND a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a SAP Basis environment, of which a minimum of 3 years at management level
- Diploma NQF 6 AND minimum of 10 years’ experience in a SAP Basis environment, which a minimum of 3 years management level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 plus years related experience in a SAP environment, of which a minimum of 3 years at management level.
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A