Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
To analyse and provide expert advice on Management Information Systems strategy in order to achieve business objectives.
- Conduct assessments and use information to advise, make recommendations and facilitate improvement.
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies for own practice area to identify and manage risk exposure liability.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of specialisation.
- Plan for value-added, continuous practice & system improvements to deliver on objectives to enhance tactical implementation and excellence.
- Translate top down policy in relation to own practice area and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; best practice implementation solutions.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Develop & ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence & encourage others to provide exceptional stakeholder service.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a single practice area in alignment with operational activity and procedural frameworks and ensure tactical implementation.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, practice area and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation.
- Knowledge of information technology/ information management, particularly in systems analysis, database design and programming.
- Knowledge of several high level programming languages and significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including structured/object-oriented design, relational systems, scripting and query languages, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols.
- Experience with relational database management systems and MS SQL and with the .NET application development framework is required.
- A minimum of five years of programming experience in the design, implementation, operations and maintenance of complex database applications is required.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies.
- Knowledge of statistical software and data standards is desirable
- Experience with AJAX and XML as well as hands-on experience with C# language is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) in computer science, management information systems, computer engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, software engineering, mathematics, statistics or related field AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at operational specialist level
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A