Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the VP of Cyber Security and Deputy CISO will be responsible for advancing the cyber security of Hilton’s global technology infrastructure. This spans over 7,000 hotels, corporate offices, data centers, cloud networks, and 125K+ managed endpoints. You will serve as a strategic leader to enhance all aspects of Hilton’s cyber security program, with an emphasis on the controls protecting our network, server, endpoint, and remote workforce. You will promote and lead enterprise cyber risk forums with business and technology leaders.
- Maintain an understanding of Hilton’s cyber remit as defined by various brand standards, management agreements, franchise license agreements, and other instruments.
- Engage with Hilton’s network, platforms, cloud, and hotel field technology teams to identify, communicate, and partner to deliver control improvements. Ensure hotel technology is reasonably evaluated and effectively governed across the estate.
- Create measurement and automation methods that provide for visibility, alerting, self-healing, and auto-ticketing.
- Advocate for reasonable cyber security, presenting at internal conferences and team events as appropriate.
- Develop cyber maturity strategies, plans, roadmaps, and measurement methods that drive continuous improvement. Direct projects and cross-team engagements in a highly matrixed, geographically dispersed environment. Anticipated focus areas include, but are not limited to: network access control, network device configuration and change management, software-defined networking governance, Internet access control, remote access, franchise BYOT, and data observability pipelines.
- Engage Hilton governance, risk, and compliance processes and ensure risks are reasonably tracked and appropriately acknowledged.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of cyber security to lead the continuous evaluation and improvement of processes and controls required to mitigate cyber threats.
- Develop impactful work teams, preparing a succession plan for key positions and top performers annually. Develop current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Partner with the cyber leadership team to evolve Hilton’s cyber data collection, management, and visualization strategy. Align automation efforts across cyber teams, evolve Hilton’s Security Orchestration, Automation, and Reporting capability.
- Build positive, reliable, and highly effective working relationships across Hilton.
- Ensure the cyber program’s scope reasonably covers Hilton’s cyber security responsibilities and liability insurance scope. Consult with Legal on contract terms and provisions to ensure cyber interests and obligations are protected.
- Lead and provide senior cyber security management oversight for a team of Directors and cyber engineers. Provide for the ongoing operation of Hilton’s Endpoint Detection & Response solutions. Maintain and enhance the global log management and SIEM platform.
- Fundamental understanding of IP networking and IP Cyber Security controls
- Eye for business when balancing Cyber Risk decisions and recommendations
- Proven Leadership skills in supervising and developing teams and people
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience working with very large global enterprises leading large Cyber Security teams
- Sixteen (16) years of professional work experience in Technology or a related field
- Five (5) years of management experience directly leading people and teams
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% as needed
- Thirteen (13) years of dynamic work experience in Cyber Security related roles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A