Our Store teams are the heartbeat of WHSmith so we’re looking for an engaging, driven, articulate Store Leader in our Beckenham High Street Store to deliver operational and customer service excellence day in, day out! You will deliver excellent store standards and performance to support the Cluster Manager in the delivery of the trading plan.
We also have new propositions including our M&S Concessions and new strategic initiatives are helping us break the mould of traditional High Street retail. So, if you are a driven, dynamic leader, that wants to play a part in leading the way, apply today!
- Ensure your team members are supported, set clear and measurable targets, performance expectations and objectives, and review regularly
- Ensure training around product knowledge is kept up to date so you can develop experts who are focused to sell at the right times
- Use the scorecard proactively to manage performance and target priorities and actions
- Recognise and celebrate team members for a job well done
- You will lead and engage your teams to deliver excellent standards and results in line with the Trading plan.
- Create a sense of pride within the store to ensure both colleagues and customer facilities are of a good standard
- Ensure the store is clean, tidy, priced & full and that colleagues are available at the right times to serve customers
- Lead by example on the shop floor, have a hands-on approach and set high standards
- Able to adopt an engage rather than tell approach
- Experience of supporting employee training and development
- Previous experience as a Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor with at least 6 months supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of KPI’s such as ATV and TPC
- Ability to motivate teams, build strong relationships and communicate well
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A