Being a barista isn’t about waiting for customers to come to the counter and serving them what they ask for. It is about talking to them, engaging with them and making sure they want to return time and time again.
- You deliver excellent cafe standards which entice our customers to make a purchase whilst ensuring we are compliant and safe.
- You understand that the merchandising and ambience within your cafe should create a welcoming environment in which customers can enjoy a relaxing break.
- You prioritise customers above everything else and always deliver a professional and high level of service.
- You understand the impact of delivering great customer service and how it relates to the success of your cafe and the wider business.
- You focus on goals and objectives, showing the determination to make things happen, even when under pressure.
- You can manage time, priorities, commitment and motivation.
- You demonstrate commercial business sense in every decision and action, understanding your own contribution and ensuring that individual and cafe goals are driving long-term profitability.
- You drive your own personal and career development, inspiring a passion for learning and being able to give and receive feedback
- . You promote a willingness to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Previous experience working in a café environment
- A real passion for coffee and books
- Good command of English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Brighton, GB
Application Deadline: N/A