Website United States Postal Service
Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
- Unloads mail from trucks. Separates all mail received from trucks and conveyors for dispatch to other conveying units
- Places empty sacks or pouches on racks, labels them where prearranged or where racks are plainly marked, dumps mail
- Handles and sacks empty equipment; inspects empty equipment for mail and restrings sacks.
- Cancels stamps on parcel post, operates cancelling machines, and carries mail from cancelling machine to distribution
- Operates equipment and machinery assigned to the jurisdiction of the Mail Handler Union.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MH (475).
- Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Duties require arduous exertion involving lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking, pushing, bending and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Mail Handlers must work in an industrial plant environment for their assigned tour and days of work.
- Mail Handlers must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the
- U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A