Website United States Postal Service
As a Rural Carrier Associate with USPS, you will: Case, deliver, and collect mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; Provide customers on the route with a variety of services.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Loads mail in vehicle.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change of address information.
- Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
- Conducts special surveys when required.
- Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
- There are no separately evaluated knowledge, skill, or ability requirements for this position.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harrodsburg, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A