Website Ulta Beauty
The Data Scientist is a core member of the Digital Innovation team who will push the boundaries of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to deliver next-generation experiences that will change how millions of users shop everyday. We’re looking for rock-star data scientists who will bring fresh ideas from the areas of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Data Mining to design, build and scale “wow” consumer experiences in a fast paced innovation-focused environment. As part of the innovation team, the Data Scientist will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle problems across the complete stack as we push the boundaries of retail technology.
This is a great opportunity to come in at the ground level and make your mark in a startup environment, while delivering products that impact millions of users everyday.
- Relation Management: Explain and present complex algorithms in a concise manner to internal stakeholders in order to garner support and buy in from business partners.
- Machine Learning: Leverage Machine Learning (ML) to tackle challenging problems in the NLP and retail consumer engagement space. This may require developing novel algorithms and/or understanding how to apply existing methodologies to solve given domain specific problems.
- Natural Language Processing: Design and implement novel NLP algorithms that power personalization efforts. NLP areas to tackle include topic modeling, document clustering, entity detection, sentiment analysis and ontology building.
- Platform Development: Contribute and integrate all efforts into a team-wide AI platform using best-of-class and scalable software engineering practices.
- Mentor: Mentor cross functional collaborators or lesser experienced team members in the use AI / ML / NLP methodologies and techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, with a focus on Machine Learning and / or Data Science.
- Demonstrated passion for, and ability to drive, innovation & emerging digital technologies.
- Experience with GPU computing.
- 2+ years of industry experience within NLP, Machine Learning, Data Science or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in order to understand our rapidly evolving product, business, intellectual property, and guest needs.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science with focus on Machine Learning and / or Data Science.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with Big Data, Semi-Structured, and Unstructured databases, algorithms, techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with Graph Databases.
- Experience with Cloud Computing, such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services etc.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming language including but not limited to Python and C++.
Company: Ulta Beauty
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A