An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Maintenance Technician to join the Elizabeth line prior to commencement ensuring the successful delivery and running of London’s newest railway.
The Senior Maintenance Delivery Technician (SMDT) is responsible for the delivery of safety of line inspections, asset monitoring, maintenance, like for like renewal and enhancements works. This will include asset fault response, infrastructure inspection, asset data management and the safe delivery of reliability centred maintenance tasks.
Initially, the Senior Maintenance Delivery Technician will assist the Principal Maintenance Delivery Technician (PMDT) and the Discipline Infrastructure Maintenance Engineer (DIME) ensuring that the new Elizabeth Line railway can be brought into service and be maintained safely, efficiently and effectively delivering defined by the Elizabeth Line performance requirements.
Upon introduction of the Elizabeth Line into operation, the Senior Tech will assist the Principal Maintenance Delivery Technician and Discipline Infrastructure Maintenance Engineer in their responsibilities for the safety critical deployment and tactical direction of the maintenance teams with technical decision authority and execution of maintenance engineering stewardship plans as part of cross functional teams.
- Delivery and execution of Infrastructure maintenance works, renewals works and supervision of contracted labour services. This includes completion of infrastructure inspections, self assurance checks and quality checks.
- Supporting fault response teams and the delivery of maintenance tasks as defined by the DIME’s, complying with defined Rail for London
- Infrastructure (RFLi) standards, processes, procedures and performance to be delivered. The level of intervention includes supporting the defect rectification teams and opening the railway to safe operation following maintenance and renewals works completion.
- ensuring that the operational requirements align with the maintenance engineering asset management requirements and deliver a compliant, safe, operable and maintainable railway.
- Ensure Infrastructure and Asset maintenance standards are met by applying established policies and procedures to ensure safety and functional limits are included in the design and construction phase.
- Deliver continuous improvement through a delivery of change initiatives; specifically using Reliability Based Maintenance as part of the “Predict and Prevent” asset stewardship strategy
- Working within an operational control centre environment & communications equipment rooms.
- Specialist knowledge of Railway telecommunication systems, including knowledge of IP
- Substantial experience with Data Networks, Telephony (VoIP / Help Points), PAVA, CCTV & Radio in a railway environment.
- Working with Servers and workstations.
- Working with remote condition monitoring and network management systems.
- Experience in maintaining and faulting Railway telecommunication systems.
- Based systems and how they are implemented.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wembley, GB
Application Deadline: N/A