Our engineers focus on the assets that form the foundation of our surface transport system. As a graduate engineer within Highways & Traffic you will gain vast knowledge in a range of surface engineering areas and contribute actively into the delivery of improvements that make a real difference to London. Your involvement will be wide ranging – you could be designing and commissioning traffic signal layouts, proposing and analysing the results of highway investigations, proposing London’s next cycle routes, or designing schemes to improve the safety of the travelling public.
- Supporting Road Safety Auditing of scheme’s ensuring proposals are as safe as practical
- Developing intrusive investigation strategies to inform project designs
- Pavement design of asphalt carriageway renewals on London’s busiest roads
- Commissioning traffic signals and making sure they are safe and work on street
- Writing traffic signal specifications and testing to ensure they are fit for purpose
recommendations to improve road safety
- Undertaking Road Safety engineering to design road safety improvements
- Technical assessment of 3 rd party proposals to assess suitability for TfL’s highway
- Designing and upgrading traffic signals to improve connectivity and safety
- A minimum of 2:2 degree in any STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or a closely aligned subject, including but not limited to Geography, Economics and Psychology.
- What is important to us is a passion for engineering and successful applicants will need to demonstrate a yearning to develop in the industry.
- Emphasis will be on the applicant to demonstrate how they would add value building on their educational base to date.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southampton, GB
Application Deadline: N/A