We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great. takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented DC General Manager to join our team. The incumbent will manage the overall risk and compliance, including Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) of the Takealot Operations division, in the pursuit of a zero loss culture in the Group, with innovation and value add.
- Provide staff leadership and direction
- Implement operational best practices
- Recommending policies and programs, which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for DC Managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and meet the needs of customers; both internal and external.
- Controls cost through process improvement initiatives, productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of space and protection of stored materials. Ensures protection and accuracy of inventory by adhering to all inventory control processes and procedures.
- Ensuring DC adheres to company policy and administer practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Overall management and coordination of all DC activities (inbound, outbound, returns, inventory management, Risk and facility management)
- Communicate and articulate to staff what the vision for the organization looks like and communicating clear strategies to move toward that vision.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels by effectively forecasting resources needed to meet service, financial and operational requirements.
- Managing budget and controlling expenses.
- Drive operational efficiency and excellence
- Provide team members with opportunities to develop new skills, carry out challenging assignments, and accept new responsibilities while ensuring a talent base necessary to meet organizational needs.
- Develops annual operating budgets in support of the company’s financial goals and responsible for P&L management. Complete cost justification and determine ROI.
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and hold DC Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Driven on results, ambitious and go getter
- Strong operational person
- Ability to engage with various levels in the company
- Strong systems affinity
- Ability to work on details / exception management
- Team player
- Numerate and financial mind
Qualification & Experience:
- Stock management experience (inventory)
- At least 5-7 years senior managerial experience
- Budget management experience (building; and managing)
- Experience and exposure in warehousing environment
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Supply chain; engineering; Logistics; management
- Productivity improvement experience, reaching and exceeding targets
- Previous experience and exposure in a highly complexed and detailed environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A