Website Stellenbosch University
International (SUI) contributes towards Stellenbosch University’s aspiration to be an internationally recognised research-intensive institution, rooted in Africa with a global reach. SU International promotes and enables internationalisation at SU as an augmented comprehensive process involving faculties and PASS environments
- Developing and embedding the Global Student Learning Outcomes (GSLO¿s) in UGE programmes and initiatives;
- Ensuring operational efficiency and a high level of service delivery;
- Ensuring alignment with the Unit with the UPI and other portfolios within CGE;
- Encouraging continuous engagement with departments and PASS environments throughout the University;
- CGE to advance internationalisation of the curriculum initiatives and to expand the offering of academic programmes with a compulsory international component.
- Responsible for the Global Education Programme (GEP);
- Handling staff matters (work agreements, performance assessment, leave administration, etc.).
- Liaising with Study Abroad providers;
- Developing/sourcing GEP courses;
- Academic coordination with the lecturers and academic departments;
- As a member of the Working group on Agreement Development (WGAD) , providing support and advice in terms of implementing the student mobility component of exchange and mobility agreements.
- Providing guidance regarding international student integration activities (e.g. Welcoming and Orientation Programme, ISOS, Volunteer Community Engagement);
- Lecturing where required, e.g., in the Global Service-Learning offerings.
- Aligning mobility administration with SU academic administrative processes;
- Framing mobility programmes within the GSLO’s;
- Providing guidance regarding the short courses offered in the portfolio (e.g. the Global Citizenship Short Course).
- Implementing student mobility provisions in bilateral agreements;
- The ability to take initiative, exercise judgement, solve problems and work accurately and in a timely manner with minimal supervision;
- Relevant experience in team management;
- Strong interpersonal and good verbal and written communication skills;
- Master’s Degree;
- Strong, systematic organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team and under pressure;
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage large quantities of information and have excellent time management skills;
- At least five years’ experience in the field of International Education, especially regarding teaching and academic programming for international non-degree students in South Africa;
- Curriculum coordination and development;
- Teaching experience;
- Proven computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet);
- A high interest in global affairs and higher education beyond South Africa.
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A