Website State of Texas
To perform a wide variety of tasks in support of the law enforcement and crime prevention functions; to perform investigative work and other special assignments; and to perform a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of the Police Department.
- Confiscate and document any illegal, stolen or found property.
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Use departmental computer equipment to input, review and gain records, information and other various data; write reports of arrests, investigations, and other involvement in law enforcement related activities.
- Mediate civil and domestic disputes.
- Participate in firearms training in order to maintain proficiency; participate in training for and operate other applicable law enforcement equipment and weapons.
- Participate in investigations involving crimes against persons and/or property; secure crime scenes; preserve evidence; direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic; maintain crowd control; interview witnesses, complainants and suspects; initiate and prepare field reports about offenses or crimes.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in city and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports on crimes and activities; attend roll call, briefings and administrative meetings.
- May participate in gathering information about or intervening in gang-related activities.
- May administer polygraph tests.
- May prepare and process fingerprint cards; may catalogue and file cards.
- May coordinate, prepare and present information to students in the Law Enforcement Teaching Students (LETS) program or at meetings of other organized groups; prepare information about crime prevention for media sources.
- Preserve, evaluate and record physical and trace evidence at crime scenes; evaluate all aspects of the crime scene for evidence.
- May meet with school administrators and teachers about educational programs; interact with students participating in educational programs to provide information, answer questions and address concerns.
- May inspect home security systems.
Company: State of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Longview, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A