Website State of Texas
Respond to citizen calls for service, enforce criminal and traffic laws, reduce crime and fear of crime within the City of Garland.
- Preserve and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Garland, Texas, by following the City’s guiding principles.
- Testify in court concerning collection of evidence.
- Pro-active enforcement of all applicable criminal and traffic laws, including the issuance of citations.
- Educate public and citizen contacts.
- Attend state mandated and supplemental training each year.
- Prepare and complete all necessary reports and supplements.
- Maintain high-visibility patrols.
- Respond to calls for service from citizens.
- Must have either a High School Diploma or GED and either**
- Associate’s degree or completion of a minimum of 60 hours college credit from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, or
- Must be United States of America citizen at the time of application
- At least age 18 and will have not reached the age of 45 prior to entering a beginning position in the police department
- Minimum 2 years active United States of America military service with an Honorable discharge, or
- Minimum 2 years of service as a full-time paid peace officer or law enforcement officer
Company: State of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Weslaco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A