Website State of Texas
The Harris County Robert W. Hainsworth Law Library is a center of innovation for public law library services and access to justice in the nation’s third most populous county. We’re looking for an assistant law librarian to join our growing team to provide reference services at our physical and virtual reference desks to a diverse community of self-represented litigants, attorneys, judges and elected officials, and the public. If you are looking for a chance to make a difference, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Under the direction and supervision of the law library director, the assistant law librarian primarily provides reference assistance to the law library’s patrons.
- The successful candidate will also work as part of the marketing and outreach, instruction, and digital content production teams.
- Other duties include maintaining the currency of the law library’s resources by filing updates to printed library materials and generally maintaining the appearance and order of the law library.
- The assistant law librarian works with minimal supervision and performs such other duties and functions as may be assigned from time to time by the director.
- Salary range will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applications will be reviewed as received.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience required.
- Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA accredited program desired.
- Candidates without an MLS degree must have worked three or more years in a public or private law library setting.
- Excellent legal research and reference skills with demonstrated expertise in both print and electronic resources required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required.
- Bilingual abilities, particularly the ability to translate spoken and written Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, or Arabic, desired. Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook, desired.
- Knowledge of EOS.Web® Express integrated library system preferred.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Company: State of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Weslaco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A