Website Standard Bank South Africa
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
- Manage work using available resources and methodologies ensuring full team engagement.
- Estimate the size and complexity of the work within the team and managing this appropriately.
- Determine the technical design in their area of concern, within the architectural guidelines.
- Drive team commitments to the work in every iteration or Program Increment.
- Be responsible for value and builds to continuously improve the quality of deliverables.
- Find ways to improve own and the team’s delivery and value to the customer on a continuous basis.
- Strive to reach mature levels on the Continuum model by building own and team competence to work in a continuous delivery environment: Champion team learning and adopt suitable methodologies and practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets.
- Work in partnership with Business representatives (e.g. Product Owner, Product Manager) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
- Manage work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritisation of backlogs and reacts flexibly to changing demands through.
- BSc Comp Science, B.Com Informatics degree or advanced degree
- Bachelor’s degree in a field requiring strong analytical and quantitative skills such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or similar.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 Years experience in Application Support – Experience Description: Broad experience in translating business and functional requirements into technical specifications and developing the programming code to create the solutions.
Company: Standard Bank South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A