Does the opportunity to work with protein foods sound exciting? Does the opportunity to learn a skilled craft and working with your hands sound like an exciting adventure? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Meat Clerk! As a Meat Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market, you will be working in one of the most popular departments in our store!
- As a Meat Clerk you are responsible for providing a high level of customer service, practicing safe food handling procedures and a high level of product knowledge and preparation techniques.
- A hands on position, the Meat Clerk receives, stores, and grinds meats; unloads and transports fresh, cured, and boxed meats and poultry from delivery truck; counts and weighs incoming articles and compares results against an invoice; and examines meats in storage and rotates meats to avoid aging.
- A Meat Clerk provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service; assists customers with questions, and special orders and needs, while maintaining a positive, customer focused work environment.
- The Meat Clerk has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store, and is able to perform and follow our “Clean as You Go” and “Fresh at 4” Programs.
- This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be at least 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures.
- Be dependable and reliable and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, weights and measures regulations, and company recipes
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Santa Fe, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A