Accountable as part of the Inspection Authority which is charged (as contemplated in the Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER) and (OSHA Act)) with the following responsibilities: – Legal accountability for manufacturing, modification and repair inspections of all pressure vessels, steam generators, storage tanks and piping on the various sites (Synfuels Secunda Operations, Secunda Chemical Operations, as well as other satellite sites) to ensure the required integrity of the said equipment and process plants in support of the business needs. Accountable as part of the Inspection Authority to ensure code compliance to the reverent Health and Safety Standard or supporting SP code requirements in order to support the safe continued operation of pressure vessels, steam generators, storage tanks and piping inspection so that frequencies can be maintained by the Secunda Synfuels Inspection Authority for periods in excess of 36 months.
- Design and drawing verification.
- Identify material and transfer identification.
- Training of Trainee Inspectors – competency development to achieve SAQCC (for Department of Labour) accredited Inspectors of Pressurised equipment (IPE) certification.
- Verify that an agreed FTP is implemented.
- Accountable for manufacturing or repair inspections of all pressure vessels, steam generators, storage tanks and piping in order to comply with regulatory requirements and to ensure equipment integrity, availability and safety for the units allocated as per the legal appointments.
- Document all manufacturing or repair hold point
- Utilisation of specialised inspection equipment to be used during the inspections.
- Monitor welding/fabrication activities to ensure that repairs, manufacturing and modifications are performed by competent personnel in accordance with the Manufacturer’s Fabrication and Test plans and Inspection Quality Management system.
- Recommend specific repair actions or alternative recommendations arising from inspections using specialised knowledge.
- Inspection responsibilities
- Correlate materials and material certification.
- IPE 18 tasks as per SANS 10227
- Extensive knowledge of International codes and standards for the design, manufacturing and testing of pressure equipment.
- Knowledge regarding the International, inspection, testing, repair and maintenance standards of pressure equipment.
- Knowledge of advanced and standard non-destructive testing techniques.
- Deep understanding of legislation regarding the Pressure Equipment Regulations.
- Knowledge of limitations and applications of NDT techniques.
- Strategic influence (Maintenance strategies).
- Knowledge of the accountability and responsibility of an Approved Inspection Authority as in SANS 10227.
- Interpretation of specialised NDT techniques.
- Knowledge regarding Quality Assurance standards, auditing and maintenance of Quality Management systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics & Science AND
- 0 – 2 Years Inspection Experience in relation to petrochemical operations
- Certified Inspector of Pressurised Equipment (IPE) metallic (must) and non-metallics (preferably) AND
- Relevant SAIW courses
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Balfour, Mpumalanga , SA
Application Deadline: N/A