Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
To lead, direct and implement the design and implementation of SARS’ Enterprise Regulatory Compliance management strategy, policies, procedures, and practices in support of SARS strategic objectives and enhance SARS’s ability to manage, mitigate and eliminate compliance risks as they arise, to achieve SARS Strategic objectives in line with the SARS Vision 2024.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure integrated approaches in pursuit of collective goals.
- Define and influence relationships and service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate strategic context that guide best practice, foster an environment of continuous learning and improved employee engagement levels.
- To implement a progressive regulatory compliance culture at SARS facilitating the implementation of sound regulatory compliance management practices and principles using e.g., the International Standards (ISO 19600) – Compliance Management Systems, as well as
- Compliance Institute of Southern Africa Generally Accepted Principles and Practices.
- To facilitate the design and implementation of SARS’ Enterprise Regulatory Compliance management strategy, policies, procedures, and practices in support of SARS strategic objectives and enhance SARS’s ability to manage, mitigate and eliminate compliance risks as they arise.
- Ensure that the own area’s strategy is adequately budgeted for through the development and implementation of a requisite budget.
- Establishment, development and review of a maturity model that can be used to assess current compliance capabilities and plan for improvements.
- To provide assurance on compliance levels and report non-compliance in the business as second line of assurance.
- Implement effective financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Design integrated risk management, governance, and compliance frameworks.
- To oversee and monitor internal compliance with legislation; regulations and supervisory requirements that apply to SARS.
- Influence and shape the compliance programme.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes and drive the alignment of governance, risk, and compliance frameworks.
- To facilitate the development of SARS Compliance Risk Management Framework; Compliance Risk Policy and Compliance Risk Strategy (including the SARS Compliance Programme).
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A