Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
To ensure that SARS database environments are sustainable, available 24/7 and are running optimally and to analyse information requirements and design database systems.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Comply with and adhere to identified governance and compliance standards and escalate problems for investigation and resolution.
- Experience with large, high volume transaction environments
- Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 2-3 years’ experience in a (DB2 LUW) of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level OR Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification / Certification AND 2-3 years’ experience in (DB2 LUW) OR Senior
- Certificate (NQF 4) and 5 years experience in (DB2 LUW).
- Performance tuning
- Query troubleshooting and optimisation
- Backup/Recovery of databases
- Installation and configuration of databases
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A