Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
To provide expertise, advice and support to deliver on operational implementation plans and / or associated service delivery processes, ensuring effective and efficient development, enhancements, implementation, maintenance and optimisation of application modules/subsystems, in order to continuously enhance service delivery.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Keep up to date on trends and developments within Project Management, Software Development Life Cycle, supporting methodology, and the industry of the organisation.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years Software Development experience
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a similar
- environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level OR Senior Certificate (NQF 4) and Relevant Certification – such as Microsoft Certified. Solution Developer with skills in C# and large volume data processing applications. or any other Technology supported by the SARS
- Enterprise Architecture Framework and 5-7 years’ experience in a Software Development environment
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A