The Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH) is one of the oldest charitable institutions in Gauteng, which has provided a ‘home away from home’ and cared for thousands of children over the past 130 years. This exciting role within the Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH) is aimed at ensuring ongoing sustainability and continued development of the home.
- The delivery of good administrative support and compliance with reporting procedures and health and safety regulations as well as support for the general growth and development of JCH.
- The responsibility for day to day running of the cottages, including staff development and supervision
- Staff development and supervision
- The delivery of effective care for all children at the home according to the procedures of the home. This includes responsibility for planning weekly targets for caregivers.
- The implementation of effective programmes to ensure optimal child development, this includes the implementation of training in innovative child care practices.
- General duties
- Passion for children and social development.
- CYCW qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in a crisis
- minimum of two years’ work experience as a CYCW
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the Children’s Act is essential
- minimum of one year experience in managing or supervising staff
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A