As the Digital Trading Executive, you will manage the day to day trading of your category online and put actions in place to ensure successful achieving of the commercial results across Digital Channels. You will work collaboratively – and successfully – across all areas of the business. This role focuses on delivering best in class Digital Merchandising for your category of responsibility ensuring that customers are fully able to shop successfully across our channels. You will Use insight and analysis to drive through new initiatives which focus on the customer to drive sales, conversion, customer engagement and digital participation.
- Key Contact with external suppliers may be required from time to time.
- Key day to day relationship holder with digital marketing colleagues, buying managers and assistant buyers.
- Working with the Digital Trading Manager and using helpful frameworks, identify customer problems or opportunities and solve these through website merchandising and/or customer acquisition activities or initiatives.
- Support digital trading manager by building relationships with brands and presenting opportunities to invest in digital marketing and content. Deputise for Digital Trading
- Managers at relevant meetings when required.
- Completing a monthly competitor review, and creating and implementing action plans to ensure our customer journey is optimal, and best in class.
- Liaison with other Digital Trading Executives to ensure best-practise category examples are captured and shared across the business.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Trading Lead to understand the Digital Trading
- Strategy for the coming year. Create category plans to align with the trading strategy and contribute to its success.
- Daily communications with Trading on short term goals, and weekly planning meetings to ensure future activity is still on track, and feed relevant information into Digital Implementation Team.
- Able to build relationships & effectively work with suppliers & organisations up to senior management level.
- Ability to influence other stakeholders around the business (Trading, Content, Implementation, Planning, Marketing) to ensure we can achieve the goals we set out, by obtaining all information/deliverables we need.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear customer focus in all aspects of role.
- Demonstrates future potential for Leadership.
- Good communication skills, and familiar with presenting data and insight.
- A sense of the market in which we operate, a good holistic understanding of the Digital landscape and wider retail environment.
- Needs to be capable of influencing to a senior level across the wider Digital and Marketing teams & operating companies that constitute Sainsbury’s Argos while appreciating the differing cultures & priorities prevalent.
- Capable of securing support for proposals & plans across functions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A