Ensures all customers receive fast, friendly, and accurate check out service by passionately implementing the spirit of Legendary Service. Manages and schedules shifts and duties for Checkers, Courtesy Clerks, Office/Bookkeepers, Customer Service Counter and Front End Manager Assistant. Front End Manager oversees the completion of daily cash office/bookkeeping duties, customer service counter, and check out, while supporting store sales, and focusing on customer service.
- Handles and is accountable for cash flow and controls including: safe transactions, issues and pickups of monies, tills, approving checks, rain checks, refunds, and monitoring checker money handling policies and procedures.
- Monitors and is responsible for ordering front-end supplies (bags, Rain Checks, Item Correction Forms, etc.).
- Improves customer relations and performs checking duties and supervisory functions on cash registers. Serve as backup checker when necessary.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Directs and supervises front-end activities including: monitoring customer traffic and service level, coordinating and implementing front end service programs, maintaining cleanliness standards, being proactive in maintaining safety and appearance of front-end.
- Promotes Albertsons/Safeway’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Ensures front-end is fully operational and projects a positive image.
- hampions company and division customer service programs to meet and/or exceed the division’s customer satisfaction measurement goals.
- Provides fast, friendly, courteous and legendary customer service.
- Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to supervise others, analyze and gather facts for recommending disciplinary action.
- Strong communication, leadership, team building, interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to professionally handle difficult situations while projecting a positive image.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques, basic employment law, computer software and the analytic ability to handle administrative details such as planning and scheduling.
- Ability to make hiring or promotion decisions.
- Good understanding of company practices and in-depth understanding of Front End policies and procedures, and the ability to judge and react to business activities.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot store computers and checkstand equipment such as printers, scales, public announcement equipment, scanners and cash registers.
- Frequently lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and ability to move quickly.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Puyallup, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A