Website RCL Foods
The Chicken Business is currently on the lookout for a Formulator to join the Epol Animal Feed Team based in Pietermaritzburg. The role reports to the Technical Manager and requires an Animal Science Degree’d individual with solid experience in a similar environment
- Controlling feed specifications and feed code allocations.
- Updating laboratory and research personnel with formulation specifications.
- Providing finance department with formulation costs.
- Assist in maintaining optimal feed safety and quality requirements.
- Supplying procurement team with formulation information when applicable.
- Updating information in planning and pricing software programs when applicable.
- Providing budget, standard, and/or other costs to the business for finance, forecasting, and planning purposes.
- Providing reformulation worksheets to technical managers post formulation changes.
- Liaising and controlling feed (raw material and marketing) registrations for the business through The Department of Agriculture, Act 36.
- Assisting sales and marketing teams with technical information and Department of Agriculture registration needs.
- Updating pricing and planning information in applicable software programs.
- Providing technical assistance to the sales and marketing team.
- Managing registered feed specifications with the Department of Agriculture, Act 36.
- Understanding nutritional requirements, availability of raw materials, and millconstraints to formulate optimal diets for production in the relevant mills.
- Active member of head office feed safety committee.
- Ensuring all registered feed specifications and legislations are adhered to.
- MSc degree or related work experience beneficial.
- 3 years of working experience would be preferential.
- BSc degree in Animal Science.
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A