Website Queens University
Reporting to the Executive Director, Alumni Strategy, the Associate Director, Regional Strategy, is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating an integrated advancement regional strategy program that demonstrates the university’s value proposition to alumni, and engages current and future alumni in the advancement of Queen’s University in a variety of ways (e.g. volunteerism, philanthropy).
- Analyzes data and prepares reports required to formulate, execute, evaluate and benchmark strategic and priority-driven implementation plans.
- Reports findings to the Executive Director, Alumni Strategy and implements changes in strategy as required.
- Gathers information, coordinates and prepares internal and external communications, briefing notes, research profiles, funding proposals, gift agreements, stewardship reports, activity reports, and accountability reports.
- Plays a key role in developing, building strategies and identifying, evaluating, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and personally managing a portfolio of prospective donors.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the university’s activities, funding priorities and needs in both teaching and research. Applies this knowledge in matching the interests and needs of prospective donors in global markets with the strategic needs of the university.
- Communicates regularly with other staff members in the Office of Advancement and relevant campus stakeholders to coordinate supporting activities including expertise related to the management of prospects.
- Represents Queen’s University at meetings and conferences with colleagues from other higher educational institutions for the collection and exchange of ideas and information.
- Clear understanding of and strict adherence to ethical fundraising standards and supporting legislation.
- A valid “G” class driver’s license and passport with no travel restrictions is required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check required.
- Consideration will be given to the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Canadian philanthropic and university environment, including the challenges faced by post-secondary institutions.
- Proven program and project management skills with demonstrated “hands-on” experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment in strategy development and implementation, project planning, budget and revenue forecasting, program analysis, and meeting objectives of these plans.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A