The Selling Experience Leader (SEL) is the key driver for the guest experience and leading a selling culture in the store. Through the lens of Petco’s vision of “Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.” The SEL is the champion and role model for all relationship building touch points with Petco guests. The SEL will mentor all store partners in the culture of selling and engagement to support and drive the customer experience. The SEL assists the General Manager in developing and managing a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth while maintaining a focus on the welfare, health, and proper care of all animals; as well as assists in managing all aspects of the store’s business in accordance with Petco operational standards and safety procedures.
- Responsible for successfully implementing a guest centric culture in the store by leading in the following areas, as well as all other projects/duties as assigned.
- Responsible for driving the implementation and execution of customer-centric programs such as seasonal promotions and sales to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned and assume responsibility as Leader on Duty to drive selling engagement. Nature of Supervision: General instruction is provided by the General Manager on some, but not all tasks to be performed.
- Ensure the weekly schedule is written effectively to maximize operational and selling floor coverage.
- Lead store execution, training, communication and maintenance of company initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, safety practices, and promotions.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork by working alongside the leadership team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Utilize a deep understanding of business acumen to measure, analyze and diagnose business trends and to also utilize critical thinking skills to effectively implement business improvement plans.
- Manage and coach dog training partners in delivering a consistent services customer experience aligned with our Petco Brand Standards and Customer Promise.
- Demonstrate and support a continuous improvement and growth mindset.
- Provide an outstanding guest experience with each interaction.
- Leads a “never out of stock” culture with store partners to ensure exceptional customer experience for all Omni-channel initiatives (examples include, but are not limited to: BOPUS, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery).
- Demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in all kinds of animals.
- Train, coach, and develop department level leaders and store partners in all areas and functions required to run the store efficiently and to Petco standards, including the effective rollout selling models.
- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank deposits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of travel will be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A