To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Be up to date with seasonal training such as flea and tick, pet summer safety, holiday promotions, etc. when applicable.
- Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the work area.
- Evaluate guest inquiries and as needed refers to the Leader on Duty.
- Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork, inclusion, and collaboration.
- Know the team and the areas of expertise for each partner so that they can connect the customer with the right partner to deliver the guest experience and desired.
- Maintain familiarity with current promotions and special services.
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periods of time.
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Inform Guests of upcoming adoption events, explain our Think Adoption First philosophy.
- Provide a great experience by engaging with guests utilizing your acquired skills and training.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Possess basic computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet.
- Must be PIJAC certified (California only).
- Must be certified on all Companion Animal Departments.
- Must be proficient in the use of the PETCO PetNet and have the ability to access product information using the POLARIS system.
- Must be Nutrition certified.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience in providing the public information in the animal nutrition, care/wellness/treatment knowledge areas is required.
- A minimum of one year in a retail environment is highly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A