The purpose of this patient-focused Veterinarian position inherently involves providing excellent veterinary care to our Vetco Total Care full-service hospital patients and phenomenal customer care to their owners. The Veterinarian represents the mission and values to all clients. Our Veterinarian sets the tone within the technical and customer support staff in the hospital, and is responsible, like all team members, for fostering cohesion and motivation within the team.
- Perform routine and complex surgical procedures including (but not limited) spays/neuters, abdominal exploratory, and mass removals.
- Utilize a problem-based approach that includes developing a complete problem list for every patient examined, a complete list of differential diagnoses for each problem identified, a complete diagnostic plan, and appropriate treatments based on interpretation of diagnostic test results leading to confirmed or suspected diagnoses.
- Provide excellent patient care by performing physical examinations, diagnosing and treating diseases, and providing preventive care according to patient lifestyle and location on feline and canine patients.
- Perform routine and complex dental procedures including full dental examination, evaluation of dental radiographs, as well as simple and complex extractions and oral surgical procedures.
- Develop treatment plans for patients undergoing day hospitalization based on complete problem-based assessment. Transition patients to overnight care as needed and communicate effectively with referral hospitals in order to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Document all patient observations, findings of exams and diagnostics, treatments and medications, client interactions, and tentative and confirmed diagnoses in the medical record in a concise and detail fashion, according to practice convention.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, “people oriented”, and have a sense of humor
- Active licensure as a veterinarian without contingencies in the state in which the hospital is located
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have telephone and computer skills
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary school or its equivalent
- Must be compassionate and sympathetic, and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments, offer creative ideas, and accept change
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A