Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
- Check that all mis-en-place is prepared for food service and assist with the cooking and final preparations of the dishes;
- Maintain the highest level of standards in the preparation of food items as well as the service of the food;
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures;
- Check and supervise the methods of food preparation with in your area;
- To do a monthly OE count on all kitchen operating equipment;
- To do daily counts and processes to have food cost in line with budget, including wastage reports.
- Take stock of food items if and when required to do so;
- Assist the Executive Chef in the supervision, control and co-ordination of the kitchen staff;
- Assume full responsibility for the kitchen section in the absence of the Executive Chef;
- Assist in the receiving and storage of food, whilst checking quality and quantity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Extensive knowledge of modern food trends required;
- Knowledge of food costing and menu planning
- Basic Computer literacy essential;
- Shift work is an operational requirement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric / Grade 12;
- 5 Years’ experience in a star kitchen environment;
- Hotel School or Chef’s Diploma would be an added advantage;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A