The National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders (NICRO) is a national crime prevention nonprofit organisation that works towards a safer South Africa.
- The Social Worker provides social work services to individuals involved in conflict with the law.
- Necessary services provided promote the protection, wellbeing, rehabilitation, and quality management to individuals in the criminal justice system.
- The Social Worker will work toward this goal through the delivery of a range of services and interventions designed to meet desired rehabilitative (behavioural change), criminal justice outcomes and crime prevention in the communities.
- The social worker provides a critical connection between the criminal justice system and social services.
- BA or B. Social Science Degree in Social Work
- An interest and passion to work with adult and/ or young offenders within the Criminal Justice System
- Must have good administrative and computer skills
- Current registration with the SACSSP
- Must be bi-lingual, English and isiZulu speaking
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional report-writing skills
- Understanding of Restorative Justice processes
- Valid driver’s licence mandatory and confident in driving
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South africa
Application Deadline: N/A