Surfpop Foundation aims to create long-lasting opportunities for children and youth from township communities around Cape Town, South Africa, through a powerful formula of surfing, education and nutrition. Surfing promotes the physical and mental wellbeing of the children, and combined with focused after-school education and nutritious meals, improves their school performance, prepares them for sustainable employment and promotes their role as ambassadors in their communities for living a healthy life in touch with and caring for nature.
- We have two classrooms (Grade 2-5 and Grade 6-12) with approximately 15 learners each. We focus on Maths and English aligned with the CAPS curriculum. You will be responsible for teaching the Grade 6-12 class.
- Develop, implement and report on individual student lesson plans.
- Assist students with completing worksheets and online learning programmes.
- Update student progress reporting.
- Coordinate international volunteers to assist students with completing their assigned tasks
- Senior phase teaching qualification.
- Demonstrated experience teaching students in Grade 6 or higher in Maths.
- Good knowledge of the English language. Experience teaching students in Grade 6 or higher in English is an advantage.
- Classes are taught in English, but being able to communicate in Xhosa is an advantage.
- Own transport to/from Chasmay Campus, next to the Masiphumelele taxi rank.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A