The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to offer Social Work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
- Plan, create, publish and share new content (including original text, images, video and code) on a daily basis that builds meaningful stakeholder connections, increases brand awareness and encourages community members to engage with the brand and be part of The Haven community.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, technologies and trends and also monitor the engagement of the public.
- Provide support to the fundraising and community involvement portfolio.
- To become the Haven Communications and Media liaison.
- Develop, implement and manage The Haven social media strategy.
- Set up and optimise organisation pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the Haven’s social content and as of current trend.
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space.
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically.
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and management tools.
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- National Diploma in Marketing, Communications or any relevant qualification.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- At least one year in Communications or Social Media Marketing, preferably in the NGO Sector.
- Computer skills- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point and capable of creating visually compelling presentations.
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A