Website National Park Service
The closing date of this announcement has been extended. Serve as the principal advisor to the Superintendent in the operations area of the Park which includes interpretation, maintenance, safety, resource management, park programs and operations of NACE.
- Reviews, formulates and/or modifies plans. studies and programs for accuracy and applicability to diverse park resources and for their impact on park resources. neighbors, and the community in general.
- Directly supervises and leads the park’s senior management staff (Division Chiefs) in the areas of Administration, Facility Management, Interpretation/Visitor Service,
- Assigns or does basic studies leading to the development of planning and budgetary priorities.
- Performs overall work planning, establishes work schedules and priorities, and assigns and reviews work.
- Investigates unusual or complex park problems or criticisms of park area plans and programs and lakes the initiative in developing solutions to controversial situations.
- Along with the Superintendent is responsible for strategic planning and the establishment of short-range and long-range goals, objectives. and standards to ensure effective and efficient park operations and policy.
- Recommends approval for promotions, reassignments, and other personnel changes for employees.
- Develops position descriptions, performance standards and evaluates the performance of staff members.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties
- Avalid driver’s license is required.
- You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record.
- You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver’s licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A