Website National Park Service
Provide on-site construction inspection for projects within the park. Duties involve a broad range of inspection functions for a variety of construction operations, and the use of various materials and methods under different conditions and requirements. Incumbent may be assigned entire projects or major divisions of difficult and/or complex projects and coordinates with the work of other construction inspectors and Project Managers.
- Perform onsite inspection of a wide variety of construction procedures; ensures work is progressing in accordance with project plans and specifications; identifies problems and takes action to develop design alternatives and recommendations.
- Serve as the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR)
- Ensures compliance with labor and OSHA standards.
- Attend project conferences and keeps Project Manager informed of the status and developing issues related to methods and equipment.
- Develop and maintains effective working relationships with contractors and other stakeholders in the construction proiect.
- Review construction plans and specifications; ensures test and samples are assembled and approved.
- Review contractor cost breakdowns; recommends payments; manages issues related to materials, equipment, labor and scheduling.
- Assist in the review and/or drafting of change orders.
- At least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-08 grade level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors).
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record.
- You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver’s licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A