Website Mr Price Group
Our new Head of IT exists to address technology related innovation, development and operations within the Mr Price Logistics and Supply Chain business units. This is undertaken through management of a Portfolio Management team dedicated to each area of responsibility, and active participation in the relevant Executive Committees of the business units assigned. Essentially, this role exists to translate and deliver strategic intent into operational execution for all technology related requirements.
- Develop departmental budget and monitor/control spend in order to deliver strategy. Collaborate with other IT executives to ensure financial feasibility where there are departmental/project overlaps – where the primary financial responsibility sits in another department, there is always a secondary responsibility to deliver within budget.
- Plan, implement & evaluate IT service delivery and project execution in a specific area(s) of the business to align with the standard service management matrix (incl. SLAs).
- Translate business strategy into tactical IT strategies to address key business requirements, drive capability and produce delivery road-maps & associated domain architecture.
- Actively engage with internal (Mr Price Group) clients to interpret business IT requirements, consult and provide expertise & advice.
- Ensure that, at all times, the technology landscape within the realm of control is secure and, as far as possible, safe from any external hacking or phishing attacks that could cause reputational damage and or information leakage.
- Ensure that the workload within the team is distributed fairly and in line with the team’s priorities and skills to deliver on departmental KPI’s / targets. Keep abreast of talent pool to contribute to the recruitment of top talent. Drive succession, training and development within the team to ensure resource capability and business continuity.
- Contribute to the development of the IT divisional strategy.
- Keep abreast of legislative requirements and best practices (e.g. RICA, POPI, ECT act) to highlight risks to the business and ensure compliance at all times.Track, monitor and manage IT audits and risk management across the respective portfolios
- Manage related IT vendors and contractors, including activities such as selecting vendors, negotiating contracts, controlling costs, reducing vendor-related risks and ensuring service delivery
- A completed degree or diploma in Computer Science or Business Management, or, similar relevant field
- Are able to effectively negotiate with and manage vendors
- You have 8-10 years experience within the IT industry AND 4-6 years management experience. Ideally working in or with a retail & logistics environment
- You have a proven track record in the interaction with, and strategy formulation of, business units
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A