The Delivery Coordinator plays a critical role as gatekeeper and final reviewer of every delivery to ensure our drivers have the necessary information to make a safe delivery and that the needs of our customer have been met. Although some time will be spent physically helping with deliveries, time will also be spent within the system tracking and looking up item availability for deliveries. To be successful, the associate must maintain strong customer, colleague, and vendor relationships, and have a strong knowledge of safety protocols and proper delivery procedures.
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Delivery Coordinator, this means:
- Tracking and ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, handled, and delivered.
- Gathering detailed information from customers and conducting safety reviews.
- Coordinating and supporting deliveries from beginning to end, serving as the expert for answering questions and solving problems related to deliveries.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- 6 months of delivery experience, for example in a warehouse or retail environment OR 6 months of retail customer service experience.
- 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- 1 year of experience working in a retail store OR customer service position.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, deliveries, or installs.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A