In this key role you’ll assess received cyber threat intelligence and regulatory or operational risk requirements in order to craft and specify appropriate technical detective controls for proactive monitoring. Use detailed and advanced knowledge of cyber-attack techniques and you’ll define robust logging and monitoring controls to detect threats in a timely manner
- Execute the end-to-end Threat Modelling Service for I&IR.
- Responsible for the design of technical monitoring controls to detect sophisticated cyber-attacks and advanced adversarial techniques
- Input to the cyber threat management strategy by recommending remediation actions for longer term risk reduction.
- Develop SLAs to assure the highest levels of performance ensuring agility to adapt to the changing threat landscape and technologies.
- Provide advice and guidance around IT Cyber Security industry related standards across all teams in I&IR and across the Chief Resilience & Security Office.
- Drive and execute a programme of deliverables to define robust logging and monitoring controls to detect threat activity in a timely manner.
- Employ threat intelligence analysis to anticipate, identify and prioritise threats.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of advanced cyber-attack techniques
- Able to define robust technical monitoring controls
- Strong diagnostic skills and able to apply a high level of intuition, curiosity, and imagination in decision-making
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Cyber Security with at least 1 year experience specifically in Threat Intelligence and Threat Modelling.
- Able to communicate complex threat/intelligence findings to influence a diverse group of partners and build confidence, using language appropriate to the audience.
- Excellent understanding of Cyber Security industry related best practice, including technical understanding of recent high-profile cyber-attacks.
- Possess strong log analysis skills and knowledge of SIEM technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A