Website Absa Group Limited
To manage the administration of deceased estates by coordinating the activities of the team and to accept final responsibility for the problem solving, customer satisfaction, compliance, people management including administration and handling of complex estates.
- Evaluates, approves/declines advances and distributions according to the clients’ needs and estate mandates and make sure of the second approval.(where applicable)
- Check and review all new files for correctness before accepting appointment of executor ship, and check all types of assets to ensure that the assets taken up can be administered cost effectively and in the best interest of the beneficiaries, legislation, investments and fixed property (i.e. farms, houses etc.)
- Be involved in complex estate cases with complaints as referred to by Head Office and/or Ombudsman and be part of the communication with clients. Escalate cases of greater complexity to the Branch Manager where opinion of the outcome of a decision differs to that of the administrators.
- Evaluate and interpret estate information and work out action plans in order to take fees on hand as per income targets.
- To coordinate and manage management reports on the estate/magic system on a monthly basis.
- Check that the assets are sold or rented (where applicable) at the best possible price and in the best interest of the beneficiary/Estate by obtaining valuations (where applicable) or instruction from the clients and/or the Master of the High Court.
- Ensure that no fees are written back for negligence and not adhering to policy
- Monitor that estate administrators ensure that all assets have been adequately and timeously insured by the approved insurer on a monthly basis via a report from the estate /magic system (where applicable)
- Keep abreast of knowledge and skills relevant to the Fiduciary industry and Estate Act by reading all communication received from the legal department
- Delegate administrative tasks to supporting staff including renunciation of estates, queries on finalized estates.
- Monitor that estate administrators ensure that properties that are rented monthly or per period or sold are collected timeously by the estate department or the panel of Attorneys (where applicable)
- Take responsibility for all estates allocated within the team by ensuring that estates are allocated to Administrators that have the relevant experience and capacity.
- Ensure that statutory and company requirements i.ro the administrative process are met.
- Planning and organising (Advanced)
- Problem solving (Advanced)
- Client interaction (Advanced)
- Control and execution of task (Advanced)
- Working with people (Advanced)
- Computer literate (Advanced)
- Conflict handling and decision making (Advanced)
- Teambuilding, coaching and leadership (Advanced)
- Ability to work without supervision (Advanced)
- Extended knowledge in estate environment (Advanced)
- Good communication skills (Advanced)
Qualification & Experience:
- 8 years’ experience within the Fiduciary environment (preferred advantage)
- 5 years’ experience in the administration of deceased Estates.(minimum)
- Relevant Bachelors degree with Honours or an NQF Level 7 equivalent (preferred advantage)
- Estate and Trust Diploma/LEAD(minimum)
- Law degree or an NQF Level 6 equivalent.(minimum)
- AMP (GIBBS) (preferred advantage)
- Advanced Estates and Trust Diploma (preferred advantage)
- 2 years supervisory experience.(minimum)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A