Kumon University is designed to be a world-class Corporate University aligned with Kumon’s unique learning needs and corporate goals. The Online Learning Team is charged with developing high-quality online training modules and supporting online learning initiatives within Kumon. The Online Learning Team is responsible for developing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining all online learning/distance education courses for Kumon associates and Instructors. The incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with a dynamic team to invent, design, deliver, manage, and continuously improve exceptional and unique web-based training.
- Assists in the management of the Learning Management System (LMS): Respond to support requests regarding the Learning Management System within one business day. Resolve technology issues related to the LMS. Perform system admin tasks along with the LMS Administrator. Manage and test upgrades to the LMS.
- Maintains open communications with the LMS and other software vendors, and consultants to ensure high level of technical support.
- Responsible for proper handling and safeguarding of digital video and graphics assets, software, and other intellectual property.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external clients, suppliers and other employees.
- Provides support to the teams that are using the learning management systems, data-driven decision support tools, videoconferencing, webcasting and technologies that support learning.
- Acts as a liaison between the Online Learning team and subject matter experts from different departments within Kumon University and Kumon North America.
- Works with employees/meeting stakeholders who might not be technically minded in pre‐production to review their needs, explain the capabilities of online learning solutions, and share best practice to ensure the event is a success.
- Partners with subject matter experts to acquire assets used in the development of digital content (photo, videos, resources) and to review drafts of digital assets for accuracy.
- Creates artwork and media including icons, training branding, visual assets and technical diagrams to support the digital training asset development process.
- Runs system reports on key learning metrics and provide data to upper management, when required.
- Supports virtual-instructor led training as the meeting producer.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of instructional multi-media programming as required.
- Works with project team to design and develop SCORM compliant e-learning
- Develops digital solutions (e.g. customizing and/or designing electronic documents, creating and/or updating user databases, specialized queries, etc.) as per the requirements of the Online Learning Manager.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred. Team may present and work on projects with Spanish-speaking associates from Mexico and Central America.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, collaboration, relationship and influencing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines while delivery high quality work
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Computer Science or other appropriate field related to Management Information Systems preferred.
- 3-5 years leading and supporting e-Learning and instructional design projects through the full life cycle (initiation through completion, including revisions).
- 3-5 years’ in Learning Management System (LMS) administration. Experience with Cornerstone Learning is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Computer Science or other appropriate field related to Management Information Systems required.
- 1-2 years’ supporting virtual training and virtual conferencing platforms. Experience with Adobe Connect, Zoom, and MS teams is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ridgefield Park, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A