Website RCL Foods
The Chicken Business is seeking a Plant Engineer to join our Chicken Processing Plant located in Hammarsdale, KZN. We are recruiting an Engineer with excellent understanding and experience in refrigeration and Mechanical and/ or Electrical Engineering. The successful incumbent will need to manage with a dedicated focus the day-to-day maintenance operation in responsibility with their teams of foremen and artisans. The role will report to the Manufacturing Executive.
- Coordinates and manage, inspects, repairs and maintains to all plant and equipment and grounds.
- Drive and delivery the agreed strategy to reduce plant down time and improve efficiencies of machines and lines.
- Responsible for health and safety with regards to all equipment and plant to ensure a safe environment to operate and work on for all staff.
- Plan and manage leave roster of engineering staff Act as Engineering manager when he is not available and carry the GMR 2.1 responsibility.
- Maintain the integrity of the engineering team and carry out corrective action if and when required
- Drive the daily / weekly maintenance planning process for the plant – Prioritizing, scheduling and allocation of tasks to different discipline of the engineering department, with the assistance of the planner.
- Ensures the neatness of the buildings and premises
- Ensure that maintenance practices and procurement processes are aligned to business standards.
- Management of the day to day activities and out puts of each discipline of the engineering department.
- Management of all planned maintenance, preventative schedules, work requests and break downs, with support from planner and Maintenance Foreman.
- Ensure that the Planner develops a work schedule for all activities to be performed
- Drive sustainable maintenance practices throughout the plant.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used Plan and manage weekend maintenance tasks and projects against budget.
- Maintain discipline and standards in area of responsibility
- Be available on call out and work on weekends or when necessary to insure optimal performance of team and effective maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure that the required focus is given to all audit requirements and findings.
- Manage maintenance team and ensure that planned maintenance programmes are implemented to enable optimal asset utilisation.
- Organises meetings with engineering staff and prepares inspection reports
- Performs work inspections and checks for completeness of tasks
- Ensure that all are working according to safety regulations and the enforcement of food safety requirements.
- Co-ordinates daily activities of engineering personnel
- Excellent understanding and experience in refrigeration and electrical engineering.
- 5 – 8 years of operations experience of which least 5 years in a supervisory category. GCC factories (advantage). Demonstrated leadership of engineering teams is compulsory.
- A Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical experience will be an advantage.
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A