Reporting to the Simulator Technical Manager, the Flight Simulator Mechanic will work closely with the Flight Simulator Engineers to ensure that all Jet2.com Simulators are fully functional and fit for purpose, allowing our Aircrew and Cabin Crew training to take place as scheduled.
- The Flight Simulator Mechanic will perform preventative and routine maintenance tasks on all Simulator systems and associated devices.
- This will include mechanical, electrical, visual display and hydraulic systems.
- You will complete testing and verification of system performance through the running of automated tests and assist in the diagnosis of defects.
- The Flight Simulator Mechanic will also ensure effective stock control measures are in place for spares requirements, as well as maintaining all relevant documentation in accordance with Company Policy and regulatory requirements.
- The successful candidate will have experience in a technical support role, ideally within Aviation.
- You will be proficient in fault identification and rectification and have the ability to work on mechanical and electrical systems alike.
- With strong IT skills and a logical and methodical approach, you will be comfortable working with complex machinery.
- In addition, the Flight Simulator Mechanic will have excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be required to brief and debrief Crew on a regular basis.
- After a period of training, the Flight Simulator Mechanic will work on a rostered 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A