Website JD Sports
To lead and motivate an engaged Store Colleague team to deliver GO’s mission and strategic pillars at store level. Be a brand ambassador for GO and role model the company values to exceed the customers expectation. Ensure store profit and sales are in line with or in excess of business requirements and duty manage in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Identify and support a rich pipeline of talent and manage underperformance through GO’s performance framework
- Support the Store Manager to control store costs within agreed budgets to maximise store profit including payroll, facilities and utilities
- Recruit, coach and train a team of high performing store colleagues who are focused on exceeding customer expectations using GO’s customer service model ABC
- Conduct regular 121s and bi annual performance reviews with Store Colleagues to provide constructive feedback and review performance
- Ensure Store Colleague employee relations matters are resolved fairly and consistently using GO’s relevant policies and procedures.
- Action daily operational tasks of the workforce management system to ensure a consistent high customer service level is maintained and GLUK targets are achieved or exceeded
- Organise and facilitate in store events to promote and grow GO’s brand in the local community through recommended partnerships in order grow our reach
- Review performance data, identify opportunities for growth and action areas of improvement to drive performance of the store
- Review and action customer feedback (GLUK) daily, celebrate successes and provide developmental feedback to the store team to enhance the customer experience
- Communicate key business messages clearly and effectively to the Store Colleagues to drive performance and colleague engagement
- Ensure the store fully complies with statutory obligations and GO’s H&S Policy to ensure the store is health safe and legal for customers, visitors and colleagues at all times
- Support driving a sales culture in store that empowers Store Colleagues to deliver excellent customer service that installs confidence in the customer to purchase brilliant products that are suitable for their needs
- Support store compliance by following GO’s Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- Be able to demonstrate that you are a hands on manager on the sales floor
- Knowledge of local market trends, competitor activity and the ability to identify local community growth opportunities
- A proven record of successfully promoting and growing a retail brand in the local community
- A proven ability to not only deliver standards but to step back & challenge the accepted way of doing things to improve the customer experience
- A passion for customer service and a proven record of delivering excellence in this area.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to improve store performance & standards through effective planning
- Robust working knowledge of retail KPI’s and the proven ability to control costs, increase sales and improve the customer experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 2 years management experience in large format retail
- Proven experience of effectively prioritising and delegating workload to achieve goals and objectives
- Experience of creating and leading high performing teams to include all aspects of recruitment, performance & talent management.
- Experience of cascading business change initiatives clearly and concisely to teams and achieving successful outcomes
Company: JD Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swindon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A