The Banquet Manager is concerned with the strategic management of the Banquet Department, in line with prescribed Hilton Worldwide and hotel policies and procedures.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational / environmental procedures in the hotel.
- Describe, assign and delegate duties and authority for the operation of the Catering department at all times.
- Able to explain the standards to the team and Managers, assessing team members against these standards.
- Monitor standards through regular standards review checks.
- Be proactive towards guests, assisting them with any reasonable requests, and training all team members to see these things before guests ask.
- Positively deal with and learn from customer complaints and comments with follow-up and feedback to the Catering Manager / Food & Beverage Manager.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
- Actively seeking verbal feedback from customers and staff at every opportunity.
- Develop action plans to address shortfalls in standards and identify shortfalls before they affect customer service, implementing and following through with improvements identified.
- Knowledgeable of Hilton departmental standards.
- Maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- Plan ahead and ensure adequate resources are available.
- Agree on and implement actions to make improvements to customer service.
- Assist with preparing rosters and job schedules for team members to meet business needs (taking into consideration internal activities and occupancy and external events, promotions, etc.).
- Actively promote the services and facilities of Hilton hotels to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Housekeeping departments to ensure that cleaning is followed-up with and procedures are maintained.
- Have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
- Assist with communication to the Front Office and Groups & Tours teams about functions that concern them.
- Flexible and responds quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- Familiar with computer systems.
- Strong leadership, people management and training skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to details.
- Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Key strengths (under the 9 competencies) in people management communication and planning.
- Thorough knowledge of service, cost control in F&B, labour controls, beverage menu writing, maintenance, merchandising, computer and accountings.
- Maintain high team focus by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- Good English skills, both written and verbal to meet business needs.
- Outgoing personality and willing to work for long hours.
- Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seize opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- Guest oriented and able to confidently build and exceed service standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-4 years in a managerial position in a 4 / 5-star category hotel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, IN
Application Deadline: N/A