Website Department of Health
Provide strategic leadership, oversight, and management of the functions to support the establishment of the Office of Health Products Procurement, in preparation for National Health Insurance (NHI). These functions include the implementation of systems to support the efficient selection, contracting and contract management of medicines and related health products, the development of a national health products list, the co-ordination of efficient supply chain management processes aligned to the Public Finance Management Act and the establishment of mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the risks inherent in the public procurement process. Implement processes to facilitate the development and maintenance of the Formulary to support the Benefits Advisory Committee which will manage the list of health related products to be used, in the delivery of health care services in NHI. Implement systems and reforms to manage pricing of the Formulary based on principles such as fairness, transparency, cost-effectiveness, and economies of scale. Support the functions of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Health Technology Assessment for NHI by implementing systems to undertake reviews of health interventions and technology using the best available evidence on cost-effectiveness, allocative, productive, and technical efficiency. Ensure continuous business improvement in the management of medicines and related health products, aligned to international standards. Contribute to the development of Policies, design planning frameworks and guidelines to operationalize the implementation of NHI. Contribute to and support the development and implementation of supply chain management information systems for medicines and related health products. Strategic management of the chief directorate, including proper allocation of human, financial and other resources.
- Experience should include planning, financial management, health economics and financing, supply chain management, project, and human resource management.
- Extensive and appropriate experience in Public Health and Procurement management, five years (5) of which should at least be at senior management level.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and to travel.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Health Insurance Bill.
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF Level 7) as recognized by SAQA in Public Health and Procurement.
- A post-graduate qualification (NQF Level 8) in a health-related field will be an advantage. Registration with a health-related professions council will be an added advantage.
- Good communication (verbal and written), presentation, negotiation, people management and computer skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including the Medicines and Related Substances Act, the Pharmacy Act, National Health Act and the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations.
Company: Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A