Website Department of Health
Strengthen technical capacity of the health sector to improve its health outcome and to harness focused intervention towards the MDG. Support the prevention and control of regional public health risks that threaten South African and African population. Facilitate the provision of development assistance programme/projects to advance global health agenda in Africa and Middle East. Enhance knowledge, capacity and research skills on global health. Effective and efficient management of resources.
- Valid driver’s license
- Good inter-personal relations, diplomacy and communication skills.
- At least five (5) years’ experience at a senior management level in international relations. Proven track record of managing strategic programmes/projects of national scope.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of Public Health Regulations, Public Service Act, Financial Management Act and Treasury Regulations.
- Understanding of National Health Insurance Bill and National Health Act as well as knowledge of Government protocol, processes and regulations. Good strategic capability and leadership, financial management, strong managerial and administrative skills, ability to analyse and synthesise information and formulate policies and strategies.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and travel frequently.
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) as recognized by SAQA in Health Science / Public Health.
Company: Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A