Glencore Copper is seeking a Principal Risk Management to support the growth and development of our global Copper Portfolio to be based at our Johannesburg office in South Africa.
- Support and govern the implementation of the ERM across the Region and provide assurance that compliance to the Standards has been achieved/maintained.
- Work with a fun and globally diverse team.
- Support the development of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) standards ensuring suitability for the assigned Region and Assets.
- Coordinate and support the operational risk programs and Critical Control Group Framework implementation for the assigned Region and Assets.
- Think outside the box to find solutions to complex problems.
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and support to asset and regional teams, from senior leadership to frontline personnel, on risk management.
- Develop and implement a regional engagement and change management strategy for the ERM in line with the Copper Department ERM framework.
- Continuously progressive roles with demonstrated experience with enterprise and/or operational risk management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Risk Management (or similar)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in risk management, engineering, and/or operations in the resources or energy sector.
- Fluent in the native language and English.
- Experience would ideally include process safety management, Copper mining and processing and/or exposure to implementation of risk management systems and processes.
- Prior experience in the Region with strong communication and engagement skills.
- Ability to work independently across all functions and levels of the business and a drive to learn new concepts.
- Ability to travel to the Assets for engagements, maturity assessments and training sessions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A