The incumbent in the role is responsible for generating financial models to enable evaluations to be undertaken for the Life of Mine of the current business, various business changes, proposals and opportunities through verifying financial viability, identifying possible risks, and determining the value and longevity of the business.
- Collecting, compiling and collating financial information for the development and maintaining of financial models for Life of Mine.
- Consolidating, updating and maintaining of budget templates and performing variance analysis of consolidated models.
- Collecting, reviewing and analysing information and developing financial models for proposed projects.
- Assisting in developing a XERAS model and verifying the validity of information and presenting the results of financial models and implementing the models into the Life of Mine process.
- Providing software and modelling support to the business.
- Courage to question long standing assumptions and communicate a different perspective.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Finance or Engineering.
- Working experience in building models and understanding of the coal mining value chain.
- Ability to drill into the detail of issues to determine root cause whilst considering urgency, importance, risk and reward factors.
- Ability to carefully and objectively analyse and evaluate information to inform decisions and key actions.
- 3 Years’ experience in a similar position.
- Ability to maintain high levels of individual and team performance by driving the achievement of goals, s and financial objectives.
- Certification as a Financial Analyst will be an added advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: eMalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A