Website Federal Railroad Administration
This position serves as an integral member of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Office of Safety’s Regional organizational structure, and serves as a Railroad Safety Specialist (working title of SMT Railroad Safety Chief ) within the SMT.. Representing the SMT and FRA with various other internal and external individuals and groups who are railroad safety stakeholders.
- Responsible for and/or providing subject matter expertise in one of the following areas support for programs such as Investigation & Audits, Risk Reduction, Passenger Rail, or Drug & Alcohol, and special projects.
- Responsible for the analysis and development of a recommended plan of inspection for assigned railroad(s).
- Responsible for facilitating the investigation of assigned accidents, leading a multi-discipline team of safety personnel, gathering the required evidence to support the investigation, analysis of data and evidence, as well as preparation and submission of the final report.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the FRA liaison representative with assigned railroad(s) other individuals and organizations that have an interest or are stakeholders in railroad safety, including fire departments, police departments, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Federal, State and local government agencies, public officials, and labor organizations.
- The Ideal Candidate is an experienced professional who is a technical expert in at least one of the five railroad safety disciplines (i.e., hazardous materials, operating practices, motive power and equipment, track, signal and train control)
- Hhas basic working knowledge of another discipline.
- Experience as a technical expert who has conducted analytical investigations and special studies, and has made recommendations to improve railroad safety.
- Must meet specialized experience stated in Qualifications section
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A