This position is being announced under FEMA’s Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
- Managing recovery programs and projects.
- Managing preliminary damage assessment numbers to establish the initial disaster budget for spend plans.
- “Initiating funding request for Public Assistance funding allocations and de-allocations
- Analyzing, managing and updating disaster spend plans for the Public Assistance program.
- Assistance Branch. Typical assignments include but not limited to:
- Meeting with internal staff to identify disaster projects for each subgrant application”
- Assisting in the programmatic and financial close-out of Public Assistance Grant Programs
- Coordinating with stakeholders on emergency management projection initiatives and priorities.
- Using customer service skills to facilitate the delivery of the Public Assistance program funding to Recipient and Subrecipients.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- Travel will be required.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A